‘Whomsoever gets married will safeguard half of their religion, so they should be God-Conscious in the other half.’ Prophet Mohammed (s) Al-Kafi, vol.5, p.329
Choosing a spouse is probably one of the most important decisions you will ever have to make. But it can be daunting as well as time-consuming. The Noor Islamic Education ‘Successful Spouse Selection’ course is designed to give people the right training and techniques in understanding the principles behind successful marriages as well as how to meet the right person and help with the all-important decision making process.
The course will be facilitated by Shaheen Merali, Abbas Merali and Sheikh Mohammed Al-Hilli who have years of experience behind them and will do their best to help you in this incredibly important process.
You will also have a chance to network with like-minded individuals and discuss shared experiences with professionals. We use role-play as well as PowerPoint presentations and the course is interactive to give you the best experience. We also provide delicious food and refreshments throughout the day!
- How to make a marriage successful – Understanding why marriage is strongly recommended in Islam is the crucial first step to ensuring you ultimately make the decision that could affect the rest of your life. This lesson goes through the fundamental tenets of a successful marriage and builds your knowledge, providing clarity and knowledge to make the right decision.
- Know yourself first! – Explore your own values using tools developed by the facilitators and gain an insight into your own expectations. Sadly, marriages often fail and the causes vary widely. However, exploring some of the root causes as well as internal and external factors help us avoid those pitfalls in the first place. Nobody starts their married life wanting to fail. Understanding why marriages fail and setting up roots to ensure your marriage is a success is a great way to strengthen your future relationship.
- The Pre Meeting – How do I prepare for that nerve-wracking first meeting? Where do I start finding the right person? Am I the right age? How do I convince my parents? These questions and more will be discussed interactively.
- The Meeting – This section of the course discusses the practicalities of your first meeting and how to arrange and who to turn to if you need support. Through our unique use of role plays we make it easy for you to visualize your meeting and learn how to do it right! After each role-play the participants discuss what was good and bad and hearing other viewpoints in this setting can also be a fantastic way to learn!
- Fiqh Scenarios – During this important segment, several topics are discussed such as the dowry, the importance of a prenup, the rights of both the husband and the wife, in-laws and many more. These are analysed in a very interactive manner and participants often tell us how much they have enjoyed and benefited from this session. Essentially the participants are given the chance to be a scholar for the day! They are presented with scenarios and must navigate their way through potential conflicts and present answers, just as a scholar would! They work together to solve contentious issues and dilemmas – this helps immeasurably with their learning as they examine these relevant issues from many angles.
- Post Meeting – So, how do you know he or she is the one? The post-meeting session aims to help work through the hazy maze of thoughts and feelings you may have. This decision is not an easy one and our facilitators are there to help guide you through. Understanding how connection works, as well as using visualisation techniques and tools such as the ‘hug test’, this session aims to help clear up some of the confusion and bring clarity. The facilitators discuss how to go about knowing the other person, cultural challenges, facing the next steps, as well as tips for a healthy engagement period!
- Open Discussion – Once you have spent the day learning you are given the opportunity to use the time for open discussion and networking. We are also able to facilitate connections and matches under scholarly supervision.
Upon completing the Successful Spouse Selection Course you will receive a certificate signed by Sheikh Mohammed Al-Hilli and the facilitators, indicating your participation in this course.
But our relationship with you isn’t over after this course. We keep in touch and are also happy to assist should you need help in finding a spouse. We always look forward to seeing our participants again for our other courses such as our Successful Marriage Course (for married couples) – click here to find out more information on this hugely popular course!
Course Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations up to 1 week before will receive a 80% refund.
- Cancellations up to 4 days before will receive a 50% refund.
- There will be no refunds on cancellations made less than 4 days before or after the course has begun.